Monday, April 30, 2012

Inviting, refusing invitation, accepting invitation


Look at this conversation!
David     : would you like to go with me to Diana’s birthday party next Sunday?
Terry     : sure. I’d like to.
David     : great.
Terry     : what time is the party?
David     : the party is at 07.00 so i will pick you up at 06.30.
Terry     : okay. Do i need to bring a present with me?
David     : no. I’ll take care of it.
Terry     : okay, then. See you next Sunday.

In the conversation above, you will find useful expression that is the expression for inviting someone. Below are some common expressions used when making invitations:
Formal invitations:
Informal invitations:
- Would you like to go to the mall Saturday night?
- Will you see a movie with me?
- I was wondering if we can see a concert tonight.
- I would like to invite you for dinner tonight.
- Do you want to go to the zoo?
- How about going to the mall together?
- Let’s have dinner on Sunday.
- Let’s play tennis together.

Create formal and informal invitations for the following purposes. See the example:
Invitation to
Formal
Informal
1.. Birthday Party
Would you like to go to my party?
Do you want to go to my birthday party?
2. Graduation party



3. Baseball game



4. Maher Zain concert



5. School Play



6. Dinner



7. Soccer




If your friend invites you, you may accept or refuse his invitation. Here are some expressions used for accepting and refusing invitation:
Accepting Invitations
Refusing Invitations
- Sure. What time?
- Sounds like a good idea
- Yes, i would
- I’d like to
- I’d love to
- Okay.
- Sounds good. But i can’t.
- No, thanks.
- I’d love to, but i can’t
- I would love to but i can’t
- No, but thanks for inviting me.
- No, i’d better not.
- sounds great but i don’t think i can.
- I’m affraid i can’t accept your invitation.

When you refuse an invitation, it is common to give an excuse. For example:
- I’d love to, but i can’t. I have an exam tomorrow.
- Sounds good, but i don’t think i can. I have to work late.
- No, i’d better not. My parents won’t allow me to go.
- I’m afraid i can’t. I have other plans.

Give your respond to the following invitations!
1.    A : Would you like to see a movie this afternoon?
B: ............................................................................
2.    A: I have two tickets of Maher Zain concert next Sunday. Would you like to go?
B:..............................................................................................................................
3.    A: What a nice day! Do you want to take a walk with me?
B: .........................................................................................
4.    A: Tomorrow night is my graduation party. I was wondering if you can come.
B:........................................................................................................................
5.    How about going to the gym?
B:.........................................................................................................................
6.   A:  I feel like eating a burger. Let’s go to wendy’s.  
B:...........................................................................................................................

Read the conversation below and answer the questions!
Linda     : Anna, are you doing anything tonight?
Anna     : Not really. Why?
Linda     : i’m going to a movie tonight. I wonder if you want to come with me.
Anna     : What kind of movie is it?
Linda     : it’s an action movie.
Anna     : no, thanks. I’m not really into action movie.
Linda        : What about having dinner?. My mother is going to go to Jakarta with my father tonight. I cannot cook.
Anna        : Oh, sure. Where?
Linda        : I heard Roka restaurant is excellent. Do you want to go there?
Anna        : sounds good.
Linda        : Okay. I’ll pick you up at your house at seven.
Anna        : Okay. See you then.
Questions:
1. Where are they going to go?
2. Where are they going to meet?
3. What time are they going to meet?



13 komentar:

Unknown said...

tutorialnya sangat membantu
terima kasih

Anonymous said...

Where is the sources?

Anonymous said...

1. Roka's Restaurant
2. at Anna's house
3. 7 p.m

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much...

Anonymous said...

Cacad tuh apaan ? Eek banget ga guna

LATAHZAN said...

1. b. i would love to, but I can't
2. b yes, I would
3. yes I do
4. sound good, but I can't
5. what a nice plan
6. o.k
answer
1. roka's restaurantا
2. At Anna's house
3. At seven pm

LATAHZAN said...

A.
1. b. i would love to but i can't
2. b. yes. i would
3. b. yes i do
4. b. sound good. but i can't
5. what a nice plan
6. o.k
B.
1.Roka's restaurant
2. At Anna's house
3. At seven p.m

jkls said...

perfect

Anonymous said...

Useful, thanks :)

that was good for my homework. Thanks alot said...

thanks alot. that was so good for my homework.

Unknown said...

this is a bok gibi.

Anonymous said...

fasz a pinába

Anonymous said...

fasz a pinába

Post a Comment

Give your comment here

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India