Sunday, April 22, 2012

Verb Tense Exercise (Simple Past / Present Perfect)

fill the blank with the words in parentheses with the appropriate tenses!

1. A: Did you like the movie "Star Wars?" 
B: I don't know. I (see, never)  that movie. 

2. Sam (arrive)  in San Diego a week ago. 

3. My best friend and I (know)  each other for over fifteen years. We still get together once a week. 

4. Stinson is a fantastic writer. He (write)  ten very creative short stories in the last year. One day, he'll be as famous as Hemingway. 

5. I (have, not)  this much fun since I (be)  a kid. 

6. Things (change)  a great deal at Coltech, Inc. When we first (start)  working here three years ago, the company (have, only)  six employees. Since then, we (expand)  to include more than 2000 full-time workers. 

7. I (tell)  him to stay on the path while he was hiking, but he (wander)  off into the forest and (be)  bitten by a snake. 

8. Listen Donna, I don't care if you (miss)  the bus this morning. You (be)  late to work too many times. You are fired! 

9. Sam is from Colorado, which is hundreds of miles from the coast, so he (see, never)  the ocean. He should come with us to Miami. 

10. How sad! George (dream)  of going to California before he died, but he didn't make it. He (see, never) the ocean.

11. In the last hundred years, traveling (become)  much easier and very comfortable. In the 19th century, it (take)  two or three months to cross North America by covered wagon. The trip (be)  very rough and often dangerous. Things (change)  a great deal in the last hundred and fifty years. Now you can fly from New York to Los Angeles in a matter of hours. 

12. Jonny, I can't believe how much you (change)  since the last time I (see)  you. You (grow)  at least a foot! 

13. This tree (be)  planted by the settlers who (found)  our city over four hundred years ago. 

14. This mountain (be, never)  climbed by anyone. Several mountaineers (try)  to reach the top, but nobody (succeed, ever) . The climb is extremely difficult and many people (die)  trying to reach the summit. 

15. I (visit, never)  Africa, but I (travel)  to South America several times. The last time I (go)  to South America, I (visit)  Brazil and Peru. I (spend)  two weeks in the Amazon, (hike)  for a week near Machu Picchu, and (fly)  over the Nazca Lines.
for online exercise, click here

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Give your comment here

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India