procedure text is a text in which it explains about how to make and how to do something through steps. The steps in procedure text should be done in order. It is different from tips text where we can do the steps randomly.
The structure of procedure text:
1. aim/ goal: the introduction of what will be made or what will be done. Aim/ goal usually emerges as a title in the text.
2. materials: show you what are needed or what materials do we need in making something or doing something. In some procedure text, this part may not be shown because it is not a must.
3. steps: show you the steps of doing something or making something. They are written in order.
Language features of procedure text:
1. use simple present tense, usually written in imperative form.
2. use temporal conjunction (first, second,then, finally) or use numbers to show order.
3. use the material process
descriptive text is a text which describes person, places, or certain things.
The structure of descriptive text:
1. identification: identifying the person, place, or thing will be describe.
2. description: describing detail description of the person, place or thing. It needs to be described as detail as it could to make the reader is able to imagine what is the person like or what is the place like
1. describing certain person, place or thing.
2. usually uses simple present tense.
3. using atributive verbs and identifying verbs such as have, work, is, are
this text is used for telling the reader about past events.
The structure of recount:
1. orientation: the opening of the event. It usually tells us about the people involved in the story, the place where the story happened, and the time when it happened.
2. Events: tells us about the events happened in the story. In this part, the events can be more than one event.
3. re-orientation: the closing of the event.
1. the use of past tense
2. the use of conjunction such as then, before, after.
This text tends to entertain and amuse the reader. In this text, you will find complicated events creating a conflict/ complication which will lead to the resolution. In this kind of text, you may find more than one conflict and more than one resolution.
The structure of narrative text:
1.orientation: the introduction of the character, place, and time.
2. complication: the conflicts in the story
3. resolution: the solution of the conflict
4. re-orientation: the moral value can be gotten from the story. It is an optional part in the narrative text.
1. the use of past tense
2. usually started with adverb of time such as a long time ago, once upon a time, in faraway land
3. the use of conjuunction such as then, after that, before.
this text tends to describe things in common such as things in the universe, things made by human, and social phenomena around us. Report text gives us a logic fact without any opinion from the writer.
The structure of report text:
1. general classification: the opening of phenomena will be discussed in the text
2. description: describe the phenomena being discussed which contains parts of the object being discussed, the qualities, and the behaviour of the object.
1. the use of simple present tense, except, if the object being discussed in the text had been extinct.
2. the use of action verb
wait for the examples of the texts in the next post..